Tuesday 31 May 2011

Rosamund Purcell

For my Art GCSE I used a lot of artists over 3 books. I can't remember all of them but one really stood out which I won't ever forget using. Rosamund Purcell really connected to my theme. Our theme was Similarities and Differences and I specified to a comparison of natural things. One was Decay and her work real  linked to it.


 
I loved this chapped effect she creates here. It's like the natural chapping you find over the book. It reminds me of the desert and the dryness of the landscape. I'm really not sure how she did this but it is beautiful. The earthy colours and the nature of the surface creates this kind of nostalgia and the book links it to our human nature to document. It reminds me of a victorian book in which the writer drew and studied his findings in nature.
I really love her work as it really reminds me the natures within a persons mind. This book shows a broken mind, the inner madness within the mind I think. Here are some other bits of her work. They are like collages made with such interesting dead objects, decaying things and very interesting textures it was really good to try and reconstruct or draw them.
Though the art is considered to be grotesque and unnatractive I think it makes the dsead things and burnt, broken things look beautiful again.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment