Tuesday 31 May 2011

Winter's Bone

 

 


 
 


I was looking at my photos from the old canon 350D and I came across some photos from the cottage we stayed in, in winter. I think the most extreme weather conditions can often be the most beautiful. The snow we had was inconvenient to say the least and most people were only looking at the bad sides of it, the traffic, the conjestion, christmas hold-ups which were all bad and disppointing. But I want to show the photo's I have found that were particularly beautiful.


The white on white are often mistaken and sometimes the snow almost could be in black and white when they are pictured in colour. I think there is a real sense of mystery in the limitted yet azure, fabulous colour palett you get when photographing the snow. I think it is one of the most interesting things to photograph as it brings out the world no-matter where and when in a good beautiful light. The colours of the city, the crystal lanscapes.


Though it is not Winter and we have just left it, I like looking back on it and the changeable nature of our world, I love the way photos help us look back on the beauty we often miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment