Wednesday 1 June 2011

Melting Sun


This evening I was experimenting with miniature objects. I was using a small glass bottle, a matchbox I altered for an experiment in art which I kept for trickets. I thought it would be interesting on my windowsill because it was all chapped and had white paint flakes so the kind of broken, less attractive natural side of the objects inside the bottle and box would come out. Though I thought I would share what I was actually looking out at this evening on the balcony in the loft of my house. It was one of the most intense, vibrantly colourful, bloodied sky's I've ever seen, with swirling melting clouds and firey oranges and reds. At one point I caught purples and pinks. It was interesting as I used the canon 500D to shoot it; I used the shutter Tv mode on about 1/13 speed to get this melted look which in term helped to bring out the colours. I was impressed but the pinky, purple colours the Landscape setting brought however I loved using the monoschrome as it created an entirely different look.

Don't think I'm being vein but I wanted to check the effect of the colours on objects and reflections on people. So on a small tripod and the self-timer P setting I took some of me, which, I found quite successful as the lighting was not as under-exsposed as I initially suspected it to be too dim.

No comments:

Post a Comment