Thursday 16 June 2011

The Real Aurora...



I thought because it was in my name, I considered the name of the blog which - I may very well get board of and change - actually does mean something to me it's not just a mix of words. Each mean something.

I will do a page on January Jones because I do love her, however I wanted the Aurora to be in the name because it is one of the things I most want to see in my life-time and I believe the magnetic field is arguably the most beautiful sight on earth.

The Aurora is generally considered a light display in the sky.
Generally found in the polar regions the Aurora Borealis is usuallu known as the Northern Lights because of the luminous and colourful vibrant glow the Aurora lights up the sky. I think this is one of earth's most beautiful things which is completely untouched by air pollution as it is found in the coldest regions where air pollution is at a minimum because of the extreme climate.


But, this also represents my favourite time of the day. The belief of the Romans was always quite facinating and still lives on today, the goddess of dawn was named Aurora so the Romans near the magnetic pole if the sun was rising in a different direction dawn would be seen on the northern horizon as the greeney red, glow therefore, dawn was seen in this way. So the northern lights were named after what the Romans thought was dawn and the goddess of dawns name was used. Reading a photography magazine in Summer the best time to shoot is either the sunset or just dawn, early in the morning. 

So, I felt it was quite magical and though it is not real I sometimes am swayed by belief in magic from natural occurances and the main one is the Aurora. 

January links to dawn. The start of the year. The start of everyday. the very first dawn of the very first day of the year. Even the very first time the earth saw the sun rise. I like to imagine it was something as magical as the Aurora. 

Besides that I would love to be named after either Aurora of January. But one person I love with a fantastic name is January Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment